Friday, January 18, 2008

Restaurants and Cookbooks!


I made soy yogurt. In my area So Nice is the only one I can find, but I really don't like the taste of So Nice, so I mixed about a cup of So Nice with about 1.5L of Vitasoy (I LOVE vitasoy) and let it incubate for about 10 hours (I use vitasoy light so that might be why it took so long.) I strained it to get rid of the water so it was nice and thick. Yummm.





I made Shiny Happy Hummus and Baba Ganoush, both with recipes from http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/ The garlic in the Hummus was REALLY strong, so I made sure to cut back for the baba ganoush, and I love lemon so I was generous with that. Mmmmmm.













I baked a cake and iced it using recipes from La Dolce Vegan!, and baked chocolate chip cookies from it too. I took it to work and they all dissapeared in a BLINK. Everyone LOVED it!!! People were raving about how nice and moist my cake was, and how great the cookies were. ^__^






Went to Mt. Everest restaurant. All you can eat buffet for 8.95. The food is really great, and I love their attitude--meat is an "alternative". Its refreshing to have the vegetarian side of the menu be the biggest side. ^__^ http://www.mteverestrestaurant.ca/home.htm















Baked a crustless pumpkin pecan pie. Recipe here http://vivaciousvegansrecipes.blogspot.com/2006/10/pumpkin-pecan-pie.html It was pretty good--not the best pumpkin pie I've ever had by far. Really missed the creamyness in most pies, but it was well flavored and super low calorie.. once you got past the pecan crust heheh.





No comments: