Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sorry I've been Out for so long--here's a bit of a "dump" update!

What I've been a-eating:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

butternut squash soup with mashed cauliflower and shiitake mushrooms.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

A personal fave--mustard/salsa dip... simple, easy, and so so yummy.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

I tried Sunergia's Tomato and Basil Feta "cheese"--it was alright, I prefer the bleu though and will stick with that, but it definately was ok sliced and on a thick slab of tomato!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Making some of V-Con's lemony potatoes

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

mmmmm they were so, so, so good. Definatey something I'll make over and over again. I used a mix of purple, ruby, and russet baby potatoes, if you couldn't tell!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Some sundried tomato dip--really amazing--it dissapeared in no time! I'm going to post the recipe for this soon! (I actually will this time!)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Dinner after a long day--lentils sauteed with portabello mushrooms, a spoonful of "tzaziki" made based on V-con's caesar salad dressing recipe (only *slightly* adulterated--so delish!), and salad with a nice warm glass of soy milk. Simple, and tasty.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By goldwater

I've gotten into the smoothie craze--I make a few a day!! Thank goodness for unsweetened almond milk, or else I might actually feel guilty about drinking so much goodness. Honestly, when my mom tries them she always exclaims "this tastes like ice cream!" and won't drink much more because she's afraid she'll gain weight! This one was raspberry, peach, pineapple and flaxseed, with a shot of vanilla and a hint of nutmeg. ^__^ Yum!



Sundried tomato, lemon, pesto and green pea 'carbonara'--or really, with my newly invented egg-yolk mixture.

I made this egg yolk mixture with black salt, olive oil, a bit of nooch and some flaxseed--it tasted so much like the real thing it was uncanny! Slightly more runny than what you get in your fried eggs, but that's ok. I mopped it up with some toasted bread--just the way I used to mop up the yolk of my fried eggs. Very tasty!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost


View from my kitchen window, what am I thinking? I'll tell you: *sigh* great, more shovelling. At least its pretty...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By goldwater

No comments: