Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day... 7?

Whoa.. a full week already? I was convinced I was on day 4 at the most!

Friday... I can't remember. Saturday I worked all day. Sunday we had a bunch of people over for a barbeque, and I made a chickpea salad, a sprout salad, and the salad I made last time once more. That raspberry dressing really is killer. I also noticed my toilet water is bright fuchsia. Maybe not something you want to hear about on a food blog, but I think its kind of funny. I refrained from buying beets today on that note.

Here are my beet/raspberry salad, and my sprout salad:

Beet Salad with Raspberry Dressing, take two

Sprouted Lentil Salad

Here's my chickpea salad; it wasn't amazing--I'd loosely followed a recipe I'd gotten from the camp I was at, cus that one was pretty awesome--and this one could've been better. I'll tweak it and post once I'm satisfied.

Chickpea Salad

And this salad was brought by the guests:

Mandarin and almond salad

I didn't try it though, as the dressing had honey--but this is definately an inspiring combo for another day!

I also made a pear-cranberry tart from VwaV but forgot to cover it with tinfoil for the first bit, so it was way too dry. :( I was bad and tried Natura maple soy ice cream (my first non-dairy soy ice cream ever)--it was so creamy and good. My stomach was like AHH STUPID afterwards.

Pear-Cranberry Tart

On Monday I went and did a bit of a photoshoot at the crack of dawn, so by 7am all we could think was cofffeeeeeeee. I wasn't even thinking and put a ton of soy milk in mine (though really there wasn't a good way around it unless I were to drink my coffee black. Dairy is not an option.) and my stomach was later on not so happy again.

Today has been blissfully soy-free, and I made a broccoli and black eyed pea salad:

Broccoli and Black Eyed Peas Salad

2 comments:

Veggie said...

If you're sensitive to soy, did you know about rice milk, Natura makes a good one. (I've bought it at Bulk Barn.)

And Rice Dream makes an excellent frozen 'ice cream'. Try one of the bigger health foods stores if you can't find it at the grocery store.
There's another brand that is also good called Good Karma Organic Rice Divine. I tried the carrot cake one and it it was good.

102 said...

Do you have your recipe to this posted anywhere? I'd sure like to try it!