Monday, July 21, 2008

Update


Quinoa milk is not aweful. But it sure isn't my preferred choice. The taste of quinoa is noticable, but that should be fine, I don't know why I don't like it though.. its watery and not at the same time, its sweet and not in a good way...

The oat pudding wasn't so amazing either, too sickly sweet...

Hazelnut milk however.

Wow. Soooo wonderfully good, the taste of hazelnuts is just awesome to have in your milk. Oh yum yum yum!

As for the egg front. Someone on the veggieboards pointed out to me that no matter how humane the chickens are raised, the male chicks are still killed because they're simply not needed. I know I know--I knew this, but until they mentioned it to me I'd sort of forgotten? That was the same day I made that last post, so since then I have avoided egg once again. A two day hiatus, in which only one of them I consumed egg... haha... well I gave it a chance, and went back to the better option, what can I say? ;)

As for the grandparent front--they're doing better, they're not perfect, but better.. they still need quite a bit of care so I haven't even thought of cooking yet, but soon!! I'm SO sorry I really am... these reviews might be a month or two late, but I promise they will come...

2 comments:

DJ said...

Manda - I've nominated you for a 'Brilliante Weblog' Award - check out my blog for details.

Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com