Friday, August 22, 2008

Hmm.. lately.


What have I been up to? Work. A lot of work. What do I eat you ask?

Breakfast: A protein smoothie... frozen fruit, almond milk, and vegetarian protein powder (soy, pea, hemp, and rice mix.. I can handle the soy in that pretty well)

Lunch: Plain beans and nori, made into a wrap as I run out the door for work.

Snack/Dinner: Salad and a LUNA bar. Fruit.. sometimes more beans when I get back from work though I get back quite late.

Pretty much, I mean there's fruits and nuts here and there, but for the most part its kind of dull.

The certain someone I mentioned once or twice before has become my SO, for those who were wondering. And he left about a week ago for basic training--he's to be an airforce officer in the Canadian Military. (Which, for those who might have noticed, explains the ribbon on my banner.) Am I pro war? Heavens no, and neither is he--he wants to do search and rescue and peacekeeping, and I want him to be safe. So I support our troops, who protect us.

I've been taking lots of photos for him, and I put together the most awesome asian themed care package--wasabi peas, wasabi cashews, aloe vera juice, pocky, cock sauce (Its actually chilli sauce--we just call it cock sauce because of the rooster on the label..)... I was going to add some more perishable stuff last minute, but I had the forsight to e-mail an administrator first to ask what is allowed in care packages. My answer? NO FOOD OR CANDY.

Well then. They never said beverages, but I'm going to take a safe bet...

So photos is all that's allowed, photos and letters, so I've been doing just that.

As for my blog? I'm sure you've noticed its been tapering, and I dont know if the food part will resurrect any time soon--I really am swamped and might not have a chance to make anything really post-worthy for a while. Sure I'm eating and cooking and even catering for my sorority's recruitment, but is it super awesome cool? Not really I feel.

So, my blog will now officially become more of a "what's going on in my life" sort of deal--so that when my SO manages to get on the net and misses me, he can check here--as he said he would (and he seemed so crestfallen when I mentioned my blog was all but dead that that is what inspired me to simply convert its main focus.)

I really don't mind if you stop reading it; I totally understand that my life as a vegan lifeguard/student/sorority girl isn't quite what was promised at start, but if you want to follow along; you're more than welcome to come for the ride!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Take your time and pick it back up when you can! I'll come back :) Well wishes for your so.