Monday, September 22, 2008

Excitement Excitement!

My days certainly have turned around.

Food chair for recruitment has been insane. I've been shopping and cooking like no tomorrow. I've whirred out litres upon litres of hummus (which I've quite perfected into a silky smooth whipped art), chopped pounds of celery and carrots, steamed barrels of corn, and who knows what else. (Including decorating two 12" by 18" cakes into slates.)


So yesterday I felt like crap and popped a few cups of popcorn, slathered with ketchup and nooch, and put on the season 1 disk of Greek and munched away while seeing what people seem to be falling heads over for (and I too have taken to after 6 episodes of popcorn munching goodness.) That cheered me up a good bit and then my SO called and that made me super happy. We both admitted that we really couldn't wait a full month until we saw each other and made plans for me to go on October 3rd to Montreal. I'm so excited--him and I are going to check out a vegan restaurant (or two); some terrace bars, see if we can't go to the Contemporary Art Museum (which happens to have an open night the first Friday of every month--which we'll be there fore) and of course, most importantly, see each other.

Then, today, to add to my high, I get an e-mail from Ruth Toth; founder of Fresh. At first I got super excited thinking maybe, just maybe I'd somehow gotten an interview despite my lack of serving experience. Unfortunately not so, but instead I'd won a $100 gift certificate from a draw I was entered in for my feedback. When I went in today to get it I got the opportunity to talk to both the owners of the branch just 2 doors down and they were both amazing people. One of them went on a search for my resume, so fingers crossed she finds it--I left her my name and phone number and asked if she could let me know if she couldn't find it, so I'd resubmit it. I spoke to the other owner about Agave Nectar and Teese; he seemed really interested in trying out Teese so who knows, maybe I too will be exposed to this seventh vegan wonder of the world.

So yeah, there's my update of excitement!

More soon, with photos hopefully! Keep your fingers crossed for me--hopefully I get an interview!!! Oh, and wish me luck for recruitment--we've got a lot of quality girls coming to our final round, so here's hoping they accept our bids! (Tomorrow night!!!)

3 comments:

Eve Love said...

in Montreal, Yuan is my favorite (www.yuanvegetarian.com). just tell them you're veganm they are relly vegan friendly! The food is amazing and the restaurant itself is really perfect for a nice special evening.

Good luck with everything! hope you'll find a nice job.

Eve Love said...

oh, and by the way... don't get too excited about Teese... I managed to try it by ordering it to a USA town near mine (I live in Quebec, close to the border)
it is ok, but it wasn't as good as I expected..

DJ said...

Manda, I've nominated you for an award - check out my blog for details! :)