Friday, September 12, 2008

Vegan This, Vegan That

So what is of the up you may ask? With the sorority's fall recruitment prep in full swing (I've taken on the position of Food Chair, so needless to say I'm doing a LOT of cooking. My hummus makes my sisters go wild; hopefully the potential new members will be as impressed!)

The open date for my latest exchange came and went and so far seems to have gone well. The US postal service took their liberties with the package of one of our recipients; who happens to be a mod over at the veggieboards... Within hours I'd managed to round up a group of other participants each willing to pitch in 5 bucks (or in the case of the origional sender, 45! She's working on getting the insurance to pan out the cash by the way; i'd feel horrible if she had to pay for TWO packages..) and sent out this gift. (Photo taken by the user, Froggy, when he got it..)



I'm happy with how it came out--I hope he really truly enjoys it all!

I can't wait to start sending the SO packages. He phones me and writes to me whenever he can (<3) anad says that soon enough he will be able to recieve small packages--the indoctrination period ends this weekend. I'm still hoping to go see him at the end of October. mmmmm Montreal!!! Je l'aime! <3

Also, I've decided I would be an awesome vegan server--I'm really friendly and have a great memory and attention to detail.. I know a ton about vegan food, food allergies, and special diets and have cooked for all of them, so I can really help people with the menu... and I think I'd just love a job where I get to share the joy of (vegan) food with people!! I've started handing out resumes.. it started with just one and now I'm slowly expanding the circle of applications, mostly because I realized with no waitressing experience I'm going to have to throw a lot more darts to get a bullseye. Fingers crossed!!! Wish me luck!! (And if I get hired, come eat at the restaurant!! There are so many of you Ontarionian vegans!!)

Lifeguarding and instructing is awesome, but downtown Toronto has no city pools!

Well, that's my update for now. I got a new camera, though photo-quality wise its actually not better than my last, its just (a) slimmer and (b) mine. My dad didn't want me to take his when I moved (reasonably).

No comments: